Quality Assurance Specialist
• Responsible for the full QA testing lifecycle from designing test plans, execution of test cases, to tracking and resolution of defects for moderately complex changes.
• Works with Software Development and Platform teams to understand business requirements and provide input into the technical solution.
• Understands the alignment between business processes and platforms to design tests that will simulate how the end user will perform their functions and pushes the boundaries of the platform. This will also include regression testing.
• Understand the value of automation and identify opportunities best suited for creating automated test scripts.
• Work closely with others on the QA team to drive testing efficiencies by providing inputs that will improve the overall QA process.
• Provide regular status updates of testing activities and summarize issues encountered in a timely and accurate manner.
• Mentors junior members on the team and provides assistance to others as required.
• Bachelor's degree required; or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum 3 years of experience as a Software QA analyst or software developer.
• Experience testing server and browser-based applications.
• Experience with Selenium Web Driver, BDD, Gherkin, Jira, TestLad GitLab, UFT, LoadRunner and other test automation and quality assurance toolsets.
• Proficient in Linux, Scripting languages (Bash, Python, others) and SQL.
• Capable of leading test projects or significant project steps and communicating progress/approach with technical/non-technical peers/clients and leaders.
• Experience with REST API testing tools such as SOAP UI, JMeter, Postman.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• A passion for learning new technologies and standards.
• Excellent organization and time-management skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Nice to Have
• Experience working with DevOps pipelines (Git, Maven, Jenkins), continuous integration/delivery.
• Experience with Apache Kafka or other streaming technologies.
• Experience with Aerospike, Neo4J or other NoSQL solutions.
• Experience with payment systems and the merchant acquiring business is an asset.