Data Engineer - IN
You build real products in the real world. You understand that off the shelf solutions vs building them yourself have tradeoffs and when to make the right decision. You have the ability to mentor junior engineers, and understand tradeoffs for scale, elegance of solution and time. You may have a preferred programming language but you're not afraid to tackle problems in other languages you've never used before. You love the fact that code is continuously tested and released for fast feedback. You are great at communicating and making sure decisions are made that satisfy multiple stakeholders.
We are looking for a top notch experienced Data Engineer geared towards working with data to help us transform the advertising industry using the latest innovations in technology.
You will design well-constructed datasets and work cross-functionally with analysts, product managers, and other engineers to effectively deliver actionable results. You will work in multiple cloud environments to help support data and insight needs across a wide range of functions and activities to help us better understand our data. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of working with large datasets.
In this role you will have the opportunity to work with BigQuery, Spark, Airflow, EMR, and other technologies.
● Solid CS fundamentals
● 3+ full time years experience in software development (with at least one year in either Python or Scala)
● Experience working with large databases, distributed systems, data structures, concurrency
● Experience working with Cloud IaaS (AWS, GCP)
● Experience with large scale data processing (Hive, Hadoop, Snowflake, BigQuery)
● Experience with Apache Airflow is a plus