Sr Backend Engineer
Responsibilities and qualifications:
We want to highlight that not everybody has all the skills that match a job description. None of us did! We value diverse experiences and while having the desired qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. Every qualified applicant will be considered within the employment process. We strive for a diverse, inclusive workplace environment.
- Build new API services that support the product vision.
- Support the architecture design and implementation for the medium/long term vision.
- Evaluate and integrate new providers working with third-party APIs and partners.
- Proactively working with product, UX, GTM teams.
- Proactively suggest improvements on the internal services based on data that positively impact our customers and business.
- Help teammates by mentoring, guiding, and positively influencing them.
- Collaborate with a diverse group of people, giving and receiving feedback for growth.
- Solid experience working with highly scalable large distributed systems, relational and/or document databases, data pipeline systems, and frameworks to build high-performance RESTful web services.
- Knowledge of the Golang language
- Very deep knowledge in at least one backend programming language in which one can be called an expert (Golang, Java, Python, Net).
- Very well versed on what makes a good REST API.
- Experience designing, building and supporting critical user-facing systems.
- Excellent experience writing automated tests on any level (unit, integration, e2e, chaos, etc).
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills. Work with your team towards common goals.
- A healthy ability to handle and resolve conflict - have the ability to listen, present, and question effectively.
- Knowledge of processes and engineering best practices in all phases of the software development process.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - confident in writing down and presenting their designs and decisions throughout the development lifecycle.
- Comfortable providing and receiving feedback in an Agile environment.
- Strong customer advocate and creative problem solver.
Only Buenos Aires (Argentina) & Bogotá (Colombia) candidates
- 1Screening HR
- 2Technical test (at home)
- 3Technical Interview I
- 4Technical Interview II
- 5Intreview with the CEO