We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer with a passion for building data pipelines and implementing analytical workflows to make data accessible and useful and help drive business decisions. You have experience in developing data infrastructure and data operations and the technical skills needed to implement effective solutions.
- Work with software engineering teams to develop and scale our data infrastructure.
- Help improve data security and DataOps practices
- Performance tuning of database systems.
- Manage database access and backup procedures.
- Provide support to diagnose and troubleshoot database related errors.
- Build, implement and maintain ETL pipelines.
- Work with Data Analysts and Data Scientists to identify data needs and help create necessary data feeds for reporting analytics and model development.
- Be available for on-call support as needed.
- Deep experience with SQL / relational databases, we use both MySQL and PostgreSQL.
- Deep understanding of database design and architecture.
- Knowledge and experience with AWS Redshift, DynamoDB and RDS.
- Experience with hosted ETL solutions such as dbt, Stitch Data is a plus.
- Experience in using the Python programming language for data solutions, and familiarity with data pipeline applications such as Airflow, is a plus