We are seeking a full stack developer experienced with Shopify to assist in building and maintaining our client projects. In this position, you’ll do everything from working with our designers to implement theme changes, brainstorming scripts for setting dynamic pricing, or creating custom checkout experiences. You’ll typically be the sole developer on a project and take full responsibility from a technical perspective.
Interested candidates must be familiar with the fundamentals of programming and possess a robust knowledge of the Shopify platform.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
Daily activities will include
- Working closely with the project manager, product owner, and designer.
- Identify significant risks and unknowns, and define and drive resolution plans.
- Ensure projects are well tested and meet quality standards.
- Participate in project meetings and provide status updates.
What we’d like to see
- Very good design implementation skills using latest but widely browser available HTML tags & attributes and CSS properties
- Understanding of how to make custom page design elements editable by the end user in Shopify, using Liquid code & Shopify objects (e.g. sections for Shopify editor
- Prior experience integrating Shopify with other apps and services.
- Experience with adding line item properties to a product when adding to cart.
- Knowledgeable about custom app development.
- Disciplined in proper source code management and code documentation.
- Experience with using themekit for Shopify development
- Experience & easy adaptability with using Git & Git custom development/deployment flows
- Nice to have: some experience with writing Shopify Scripts, setting up Shopify Flow automations, some experience Shopify public API / private API, experience with integrating Recharge both legacy checkout and Shopify Subscriptions checkout