Network Infrastructure Engineer
- Provide hands-on technical design and engineering efforts with respect to Network Infrastructure Services. This includes network devices, associated software, local and wide area network connections, and communication links ensuring that Moneris has a robust, scalable, reliable, and efficient Hybrid Cloud infrastructure, that supports its business.
- The Infrastructure Engineer will initiate and participate in projects, design, implementation, installation, and configuration of Network Services in an automated way by leveraging GitLab, Terraform, Azure ARM, F5 AS3, Cisco ACI, Palo Alto Panorama and Ansible
- Facilitate the creation of Infrastructure Service offerings by automating and documenting the service/s
- Provide guidance and support for escalated incidents and problems
- Advocate and advance modern, agile infrastructure management practices and core GitOps principles to driver change across development and infrastructure teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Software development or Computer engineering required; or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 7 years of experience working in a senior technical or Engineering position
- Expertise in Network and cloud technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. You will need to explain your proposals well enough that others understand their value.
- Ability to collaborate and deliver results cross functionally.
- Proficiency in payment systems and the merchant acquiring business is an asset
- Experience with designing, implementing, and managing Software Defined Networking including Cisco ACI/SDN
- Experience implementing Infrastructure as Code and Configuration as Code solutions in AS3 automations (GitLab, ARM templates, Terraform, Ansible)
- In-depth knowledge of routing and switching protocols (i/eBGP, EIGRP, OSFP, MPLS), SD-WAN/SASE, firewall and network access management solutions
- Practical experience implementing and managing Cisco Nexus, F5 BIG-IP/WAF, and Palo Alto Network Firewalls based solutions
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Azure Express Route, Azure VNet, Azure Application and Network security groups.
- Experience implementing Service Mesh (Istio, Consul) is an asset
- Experience in coding/scripting using Python/Go/Ruby/Shell/PowerShell languages
- Experience working in cross-functional teams using Agile methodology, including SCRUM and KANBAN
- Strong inter-personal, communication and collaboration skills with the ability to work,influence and make an impact in a cross-functional environment