Backend Software Engineer
We’re very excited about you if:
- You reliably accomplish impressive amounts of progress on what really matters, whether it’s figuring things out, implementing, educating, evaluating new team members, or anything else that comes up.
- You take pride in figuring things out and making things work, and once you accept a challenge you enjoy getting into all of the little details and becoming a micro-expert in order to nail it.
- You can show us cool things you have built yourself in your own time or a long list of projects with significant professional ownership related to the work we are doing.
- You’ve honed your ability to self-manage, so that when you take on relatively abstract projects you turn them into concrete, sensible plans and bring them to completion -- or if they end up not making sense, you realize that quickly and help the team adjust course.
- You prefer the startup life of challenges, uncertainty, invention, chaos, impact, responsibility, and autonomy.
- You are kind, conscientious, thoughtful, and communicative.
- You have a vested interest in advancing Reserve’s vision of financial inclusion for all.
Kinds of things you might work on:
- Optimize our system for scaling
- Work with front-end engineers and build the back-end infrastructure for new customer-facing features
- Enhance the tooling supporting our Compliance/AML/Fraud teams
- Maintain, expand, and improve our connections to the world of traditional Fintech (banking)
- Create bridges between our system and the broader world of crypto/web3
What you need:
- Strong python skills
- Experience with SQL databases
- 2+ years of server or API development experience
You stand out if you:
- Are proficient or fluent in Spanish
- Have experience with React / React Native
- Understand or have some experience working with some basic economic/fintech concepts
- Get excited about DevOps
- Are excited about crypto
In a nutshell:
- Diversity & Inclusion: Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us – if we want to expand financial inclusion for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers.
- Location: anywhere, we are fully remote.
- Working Hours: we offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
- Compensation: for the right candidate, we will match any offer, and can offer full cash or include upside in RSR tokens.
- Stability: our long runway offers high job security
- Language: English full professional proficiency required, bilingual proficiency in Spanish is a plus.
If this sounds exciting to you, we would love to hear from you!