Semi Senior / Senior Ruby Engineer
At Webstarted, we are looking for a Software Engineer to work full time, long term, in one of our ecommerce clients as an integral part of our dynamic company. By joining the team, you will be working alongside other passionate individuals to solve problems and build software.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Engineer to help design and implement new features across multiple backend applications. As a senior presence and a core individual contributor on a small team, you will play a key role in both enhancing a Ruby on Rails backend at the heart of the business and building out a new, more scalable service-driven architecture.
In this role you will:
- Manage projects and problems of significantly larger scopes
- Formulate an efficient game plan for delivering a stable, well-tested feature on time
- Make technical recommendations that improve the codebase while minimizing risk
- Identify and fix (or, ideally, avoid) bugs and performance bottlenecks
- Coordinate and communicate seamlessly across other technical and product teams
- Be a helpful and supportive presence on the team, contributing to code reviews and other team processes
We are looking for:
- BS degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with e-Commerce/Web Applications
- Familiar and comfortable with the technologies, the tradeoffs, and the design patterns emerging in web services
- A quick learner, a self-starter, able to work autonomously, and you're willing (and able) to handle the pressures of an increasing level of responsibility